SlovenščinaEnglish

 

How to find us | Contacts


History

We are inviting you to watch below a documentary movie about GG Bled activities from year 1966.

 

The history of forest management on the territory of the upper Gorenjska region is very extensive. GG Bled originates from a company established in 1948, however, the history of forest management is much longer.

 

 

1961

New administrative building of GG Bled

1950s

Preparation of timber with manual tools ("Amerikanka" and axe)

1950s

Felling "na suš" - production of bark

1950s

Peeling of spruce logs

1950s

Spruce bark prepared for transportation

1950s

Felling "na suš" and preparation of spruce bark

1950s

Pile of bark

1950s

Sawn timber after the felling "na suš"

1950s

Haulage of timber with horses in snow

1960s

Introduction of tractors for hauling of timber

1950s

Manual loading of timber to a truck

1950s

Manual loading of firewood to first trucks

1950s

Support ("boot") on gravitation cableway

1950s

Gravitation cableway carriage

1950s

Lower stop of the gravitation cableway

1950s

Carrying of firewood with "Bosnian" horses

1950s

Timber stored in "winter piles"

1950s

Manual loading of timber to a truck

1950s

Arrival of seasonal workers to Mrzli studenec

1950s

Dwelling of forest workers

1950s

"Amerikanka" - a predecessor of a motor saw

1950s

The "Amerikanka" saw, which needs to be prepared for work

1950s

Felling of trees with the American in winter

1950s

Production of roofing shingles

1950s

Production of roofing shingles

1963

First state competition of forest workers at Bled

           

                              

We are inviting you to watch a documentary movie about GG Bled activities from year 1966:

 

 

History in dates:
1004 The German emperor Henry II conferred the estate on the plateaus of Pokljuka, Jelovica and Mežakla to the bishops of Brixen.
1782 The emperor Joseph II closed many monasteries that owned forests, among them also the religous fund from the Kranjska region.
1803 The estate was nationalized pursuant the emperor's order and included into a cameralist fund.
1837 The first known economical plan for the Pokljuka was prepared by the Czech forester Hieronim Ullrich.
1838 The emperor Ferdinand returns the estate to the diocese of Brixen.
1858 The diocese of Brixen sells the estate to the hammer mill worker Viktor Ruard.
1871 Viktor Ruard sells the estate to the Kranjska industrijska družba.
1876 Beginning of operations of forest management offices in Radovljica and Bled.
1883 Lambert von Pantz finishes a forestry single-cable gravity ropeway from Soteska to Blatni graben, which is the oldest object of this type preserved in the world.
1888 Carl Posch made a plan for the management of the Pokljuka with the validity 1888-1908.
1895 Austria purchases 26.454 ha of forests on the Pokljuka, Jelovica and Mežakla for the needs of the religious fund of the Kranjska region.
1910 Forest management office moves from Radovljica to Bohinjska Bistrica.
1939 The archdiocese of Ljubljana gets to own the estate of the religious fund of the Kranjska region.
1946 The government of LRS establishes five forest management units (among others the Gorenjska unit) in order to cultivate and exploit the state forests that were conferred to them and to process timber in the scope of their own wood plants.
1947 The estate was nationalized and assigned to management to the Gorenjsko gozdno gospodarstvo - the predecessor of GG Bled.
1947 Beginning of a road construction between the Selška dolina valley via the Rovtarica to Bohinjska Bistrica.
1948 Establishment of the labour organisation GG Bled.
1952 GG Bled also comprises Gozdno gospodarstvo Kranj, which regains independence in 1953.
1953 GG Bled is excluded from the register of state-owned companies and becomes a commercial organisation with independent financing.
1959 GG Bled starts using the first motor saws and introducing tractors for the hauling of timber.
1961 Based on the project prepared by one of the pioneers of the post-war architecture - Danilo Fürst, the civil engineering unit of GG Bled erects the main offices of GG Bled in the period 1959-1961 on Ljubljanska cesta 19 in Bled, where the company still has its seat nowadays.
1963 GG Bled undertakes the management of privately owned forests.
1974 Basic organizations of associated labour (TOZD) for socially owned forests and basic organisations of co-operants (TOK) for privately owned forests as well as a labour society of common services (DSSS) are organized.
1975 A mechanized warehouse of timber starts operating in Bohinjska Bistrica.
1976 A labour centre is erected in Bohinjska Bistrica - the workers move from their dwellings in forest areas to the valley.
1983 The second mechanized warehouse of timber starts operating in Rečica.
1986 The second labour centre is erected in Rečica.
1991 Pursuant to the denationalization act the archdiocese of Ljubljana files a request for the return of the nationalized estate.
1993 Based on the National Farm Land and Forest Fund Act the socially owned forests became state forests and the National Farm Land and Forest Fund of the Republic of Slovenia managed them until the denationalization decisions became finally binding.
1993 Pursuant to the Act on Forests joint management in social and privately owned forests comes to an end. The old GG Bled dissociates into the public service Slovenia Forest Service, the agricultural-forest co-operative GOZD Bled and the new GG Bled.
1994 The administrative unit of Jesenice issues the first denationalization decision.
1997 The Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Restructuring and Privatization issues a decision on entry of ownership transformation onto the register of companies and GG Bled becomes a joint-stock company.
2001 GG Bled signs a concession agreement with the National Farm Land and Forest Fund for the management with state forests on the territory of the Bled forest-management area.
2004 GG Bled introduces as the first forest management company in Slovenia machine felling of trees for the harvesting and haulage of timber with complete technology  (harvester and forwarder).
2006 GG Bled is acquired by the company Metropolitana d.o.o., which is 100 % owned by the Archdiocese of Ljubljana. The legal organisation type of the company changes from d.d. to d.o.o. (limited-liability company).
2007 GG Bled obtains the FSC Certificate for the management of state-owned forests. 
2008 GG Bled reaches the record sales of timber totalling 188,391 cubic metres.
2010 GG Bled obtains the FSC Certificate for the management of the forests owned by the Arcdiocese Ljubljana.
2015 GG Bled reaches the record sales of timber totaling 450,553 cubic metres.
2016 The company obtains a licence to sell the PEFC certified wood.
2016 Conccession for the management of state-owned forests expiried on 30 June 2016.
 

         © 2010 GG Bled d.o.o. Ljubljanska cesta 19, 4260 Bled, Slovenia | All rights reserved | Authors